1. The baby is wet. Her diaper needs changing.
英単語10000語解答 - 更新版
2. The prisoner was released on parole.
3. Second year university students in the US are called sophomore.
4. Her favorite flowers were orchid.
5. The insect causes damage to plants by its toxic secretion.
6. The evacuation of the building saved many lives.
7. For many people, wealth is a prospect of unimaginable felicity.
8. She found herself in a predicament without any hope for a solution.
9. The deacon helped with the care of the poor of the parish.
10. The hurricane whipped along the coast.
11. Some coal was still smoldering among the ashes.
12. The dead bodies were mutilated beyond recognition.
13. She was sitting on a balcony and basking in the sun.
14. For years waves of invaders pillaged towns along the coast.
15. The rescue attempt could not proceed quickly. It was impeded by bad weather.
16. I wouldn't hire him. He is unmotivated and indolent.
17. Computers have made typewriters old-fashioned and obsolete.
18. Watch out for his wilful tricks.